[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] media booking enhancements

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Fri Sep 24 14:41:46 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Niagara College is on 1.6.1.1 and we're currently using the media booking bit of the software. However, there are some aspects we'd like to add and are looking for possible interested parties to participate. I checked the enhancements for 2.0 and did not find anything specifically related to media booking. If anyone knows for sure that media booking will be changing for 2.0, could you let me know?

This is what we'd like to see:

1) a notes field where we can enter general info...like which room equipment should be delivered to

2) a booking report that can be sorted by pickup time

3) email confirmations...so when you complete a booking, an email goes out automatically to the patron confirming the booking request

I have sent the requests in to Equinox but they're pretty busy with 2.0 right now. If anyone else is interested in working with us on this...either by doing the work or sharing with the funding, I'd love to hear from you!

Btw, is there somewhere else other than the list where I should be adding this request?

Thanks!
Gordana

Gordana Vitez
Library Services & Systems Coordinator