[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about 007s in 1.6 and/or 2.0

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Wed Sep 29 12:17:09 EDT 2010

We have discovered a problem around how 007s are entered into bibliographic records in Evergreen version 1.4.0.7. 007s should be entered without indicators and subfields; however, it is impossible to create the field in our version of Evergreen without a subfield a. The short cut keys to add or edit 007s or 006s in MARC edit do not function, so catalogers have been adding the field as they would any other. If the field is already in the MARC record before it is imported, there is no problem and it loads correctly. Up until this point, we have just lived with this; however, we have discovered that it is preventing those records from being extracted.

Before we report this as a bug, we would like to know if the problem is resolved in other versions. If you are cataloging in either 1.6 or 2.0, could you test and let me know, either on or off list, whether or not the field can be entered correctly?

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128