[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notice of Change to License for OpenNCIP

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Apr 5 16:04:34 EDT 2011

Hi Elizabeth,

On Apr 5, 2011, at 3:57 PM, McKinney, Elizabeth wrote:
> Evergreen and other Open Source Community Members,
>
> The Georgia Public Library Service (GPLS) is the primary copyright holder on OpenNCIP.  The source code can be found at the following sites:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openncip/
> https://github.com/atz/SIPServer
>
> As the director of the PINES program, I want to notify you that GPLS is permitting the change of the license of OpenNCIP from the GNU Public License version 2 to the GNU Public License version 2 or later in order to give it the same license that Evergreen uses.  This will facilitate easier code sharing between OpenNCIP and Evergreen and thus benefit the Evergreen community.
>
> Feel free to distribute this notice as needed.

Thank you for this.  I confirm on behalf of Equinox that we are also willing to relicense any OpenNCIP code that we hold copyright on to the GPL version 2 or later.

Based on the change logs, the following individuals may have individual copyright on portions of OpenNCIP.  I now call on each of them to either approve the license change, object, or disclaim copyright interest.

Joe Atzberger
David Fiander
Dan Scott

If anybody is aware of other individuals with a copyright interest in the OpenNCIP code, please pass this request on to them.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton