[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Notice of Change to License for OpenNCIP

David Fiander david at fiander.info
Tue Apr 5 17:36:44 EDT 2011

I also approve of this change to the license

- David
On Apr 5, 2011 5:34 PM, "Dan Scott" <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 04:04:34PM -0400, Galen Charlton wrote:
>> Hi Elizabeth,
>>
>> On Apr 5, 2011, at 3:57 PM, McKinney, Elizabeth wrote:
>> > Evergreen and other Open Source Community Members,
>> >
>> > The Georgia Public Library Service (GPLS) is the primary copyright
holder on OpenNCIP. The source code can be found at the following sites:

>> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/openncip/
>> > https://github.com/atz/SIPServer
>> >
>> > As the director of the PINES program, I want to notify you that GPLS is
permitting the change of the license of OpenNCIP from the GNU Public License
version 2 to the GNU Public License version 2 or later in order to give it
the same license that Evergreen uses. This will facilitate easier code
sharing between OpenNCIP and Evergreen and thus benefit the Evergreen
community.

>> > Feel free to distribute this notice as needed.
>>
>> Thank you for this. I confirm on behalf of Equinox that we are also
willing to relicense any OpenNCIP code that we hold copyright on to the GPL
version 2 or later.

>> Based on the change logs, the following individuals may have individual
copyright on portions of OpenNCIP. I now call on each of them to either
approve the license change, object, or disclaim copyright interest.