[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Acquisitions - Examples of Line Item and Provider Attribute Definitions and Holding Tags

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Apr 7 16:57:25 EDT 2011

Hi June,

I can't help with Provider Attribute Definitions, but I have had some luck
with the holdings tags. When I first tested acquisitions, Bill Erickson
responded to a query I sent to the list with the supported fields that can
be used on this tab - http://markmail.org/message/qpg7i7hjzqiry34k. It might
be useful to include this list in the acquisitions documentation.

I configured a provider with a holdings tag of 852. I added the following to
the holding subfields tab:

call_number subfield j
copy_location subfield c
estimated_price subfield y
fund_code subfield f
owning_lib subfield b
quanitity subfield e
note subfield n
circ_modifier subfield g

With this setup, I have been able to successfully load test order records
and load all of the copy information contained in these subfields. However,
I still come across a couple of issues when I try loading MARC order
records. I'm not sure if it is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

I am unable to receive individual items on a PO. However, I am able to
receive the entire PO.

Also, if I do not select the option to automatically activate an order while
uploading the records, I am unable to activate it from the PO screen.

Thanks to Mary Llewellyn at Bibliomation for helping me figure out how to
set up these subfields!

Kathy

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator