[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Migrating patron data

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Tue Apr 12 09:33:18 EDT 2011

Hi Damian,

Some changes should be appearing in both docs for 1.6 and 2.0:

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/migratingpatrons.html
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/migratingpatrons.html

You might need to do a page refresh to update the changes if you haven't already.

Please let me know if you still see "program_number" and "program_code" in the steps for creating the table. I thought I got those but perhaps my old eyes are playing tricks on me. I made some other changes also but am doing some more clean up to the documentation today to fix up some wording and add a few missing steps.

Another place to track changes is in the github repository:
https://github.com/rsoulliere/Evergreen-DocBook/commits/master

If you could share your notes and documentation regarding migration that would be excellent. There are several way to share documentation depending on your comfort level with the DIG (Git-DocBook) tool chain.

1) The easiest way is to submit the documentation to this DIG list. Preferred format is DocBook, but we can accept documentation in other formats.

2) If you would like to be more involved and you are comfortable with git, you could sumbit documentation to the repo directly.
a. Install git,
b. set up an account in github,
c. request to be a collaborator for the DIG documentation repository,
d. clone the documentation files
e. and submit DocBook documentation directly into the repo.

There are also several other ways to contribute in between these two options. We will cover these at the Evergreen conference if you are attending.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian