[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Showing online resources in the OPAC

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Apr 13 13:00:29 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:30:30AM -0500, Vicki Reeves wrote:
> We're trying to figure out how to add records for electronic resources
> so that they will show in our OPAC.  We're on Evergreen 1.6.0.8
>
> I tried adding the subfield 9 to my 856 field.  The resources are not
> showing in the opac and nothing is showing in the asset.URI areas of the
> database.
>
> This is the 856 for one of the resources:
> 856 3 Wildflowers of Southwest (Beauregard Parish) Louisiana
> 856 u http://library.beau.org/~lawild
> 856 2 http
> 856 9 DER
>
> There are no holdings attached to the record.

It shows up as record # 10 for a keyword search on "Wildflowers" for me
on your OPAC;
http://loblolly.library.beau.org/opac/en-US/skin/craftsman/xml/rresult.xml?t=wildflowers&tp=keyword&l=100&d=1&hc=16&r=164049&rt=keyword

Maybe a locally cached search result from before the 856 was added is hiding
the result for you?