[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen as Media Resource Management Tool?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Apr 13 14:19:07 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 02:54:06PM -0700, Michael Ambrosino wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> PNCA is currently looking or a replacement for our home-grown Media Resource
> management software. The tool is eight years old and requires a complete
> re-write to stay relevant and scale to the level of growth we're
> experiencing without our Media Resource Center.
>
> Has anyone adopted Evergreen as a Media Resource tool? If so we'd love to
> see how it's adapted to the challenge of equipment reservation and checkout
> routines.

Our university has an Instructional Media Centre; they've been using
Evergreen with projectors, etc just catalogued and signed out as regular
items in the library system for 2 years now. However, over the summer
they hope to start using Evergreen's bookings/reservation module to
manage bookings for equipment (right now they're using a shared calendar
for that purpose, which is clearly far from ideal).

Dan