[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Web Service or Custom URL?

Kermit Krug Kermit.Krug at quality-books.com
Fri Apr 15 11:06:46 EDT 2011

I work in the IT department for Quality Books Inc, a small press book vendor for public and school libraries.  We have a growing number of customers who are utilizing Evergreen.  As a book seller, we are always interested in trying to avoid selling a book to a library that the library already holds, which then usually leads to a return of the book to us.  My question is this: is there available in Evergreen a web service or custom URL string that would allow asking for the existence of a book in a library's holdings (using ISBN as the book identifier)?
Thanks.