[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] implementing Summon with Evergreen

Gordana Vitez gvitez at niagaracollege.ca
Fri Apr 15 13:21:02 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Niagara College is working on implementing Summon. We will need to export our added and deleted records on a regular basis. One of the questions that has come up is how Evergreen treats deleted records. The questions are:

When you run an export of updated records, are deleted records included in the file? Do they have a flag in the MARC record to signal that the record has been deleted? III Millennium is an example of an ILS that has this capability.
or
Does the ILS output deleted records to a file on the server? Ex Libris Voyager is an example of an ILS that has this capability.
or

Does the ILS provide a report of MARC records by ID number? SirsiDynix Symphony is an example of an ILS that has this capability.

I really have no idea how to go about answering these questions. Could anyone help me with this?

Btw, any Evergreen libraries implementing Summon?

Thanks!
Gordana

Gordana Vitez

Library Services & Systems Coordinator