[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] end of semester due date

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Apr 18 17:41:44 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:00:59PM -0400, Gordana Vitez wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We're a college coming to the end of the semester. Is there a way of making due dates default to the patrons' account expiration date?
>
> For example: we have students who are finished at the end of this semester (April 29) but 2 week checkouts are still valid (until May 2).

We've been running this script (http://ur1.ca/3vwje) for a few years now
to accomplish this goal. It's not ideal, because it doesn't inform the
circ staff or patron at checkout time that the due date has been
changed to match the patron's account expiration date, but it does get
dates to match up (and reminder notices will give them a heads up, etc).

Ideally, though, the circ rules should be able to detect when what would
be the due date is past the patron's expiry date, and perhaps flag that
condition at checkout time (as well as optionally setting due date ==
expirty date). If I had some time...