[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Correcting a duplicate check-out

Steve Wills steve.wills at lyrasis.org
Wed Apr 20 18:27:16 EDT 2011

While migrating from 1.6.1 to 2.0, I have discovered some duplicate action.circulation.target_copy items. :(
I tracked them back to patrons with item checked out twice.

Whats the recommended way to get rid of the duplicate item?  I don't want the system to check the outstanding item along with it's spurious duplicate.

By the way, I found these with

select target_copy,count(target_copy) AS count from "action"."circulation"
GROUP BY target_copy, checkin_time
HAVING ( "count"(target_copy) > 1 AND checkin_time is NULL)

and then traced the circulation.usr back to actor.usr.id to find the patrons, in case any else needs to screen for this problem.

thanks