[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Alert pop up messages on item records at checkout

Janet Royer janetr at ci.burlington.wa.us
Fri Aug 5 17:27:14 EDT 2011

We are wondering how other libraries deal with items that have multiple
pieces.

For example, we have many children's books that include a CD.  How do
you alert the check-in people to make sure and look for that CD?

In our previous system we were able to have "Check-in notes" which
popped up reminding the person to check for the CD.  Those notes all
migrated to the item Alert field in Evergreen which displays on
check-out as well as check-in.  This would be OK except that those items
are being blocked at the self-check machines.

Has anyone been able to make this work satisfactorily?

Thanks!

Janet Royer

SysAdmin/Circ Supervisor

Burlington Public Library