[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Support Multiple ISBN Searching

Brian Greene BGreene at cgcc.cc.or.us
Thu Aug 18 11:43:32 EDT 2011

How complicated would it be to enable simultaneous multiple ISBN searching in Evergreen? I'm a fan of LibX and other tools that make use of xISBN-like functionality, but their utility and cool factor is limited by Evergreen's apparent inability to process requests for multiple ISBNs at the same time. Prior to Evergreen the Sirsi ILS I used limited ISBN searches to 25 at a time and I thought that ceiling was too low, but maybe there's a good reason for a cap that I'm not aware of. In any case, any increase above one would be great and perhaps it would be really straightforward to implement. Any thoughts or suggestions would appreciated. Note that I'm not a programmer and I'm just putting this out there to see if anyone's thought about this already since I didn't find anything relevant in the archive.

Thanks,
Brian Greene
Columbia Gorge Community College Library
The Dalles, OR 97058