[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Amending example consortium

John Hudson gadgetfan.john at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 09:46:54 EST 2011

> Dan Scott <dan at ...> writes:

> > Have you confirmed that the branch names, etc, were actually changed by
> > checking the database?

Stranger and stranger. Checking the table showed the following.

evergreen=# select id, shortname, name from actor.org_unit;
 id | shortname |         name
----+-----------+-----------------------
  8 | SL1       | Example Sub-library 1
  9 | BM1       | Example Bookmobile 1
  3 | SYS2      | Saltwell Street
  5 | BR2       | Back Study
  6 | BR3       | Ruth's
  7 | BR4       | Kitchen
  4 | BR1       | Home Library
  2 | SYS1      | Ovett
  1 | CONS      | JH Consortium
(9 rows)

The names shown above are the long names I have set, but the short names are
the originals (that is, I changed these and none of the 'shortname' changes
are reflected in the table). Even more oddly, the changed long names visible
in the table are not shown under 'Organizational Units' in the staff client,
which appears to load correctly but still shows the original short names with
the long names of 'Example Branch 1', 'Example Branch 2' etc.

Any thoughts on this?