[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Help required in configuration

Muhammad Faiz Chishti mfaizali at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 06:00:14 EST 2011

I am new user to Ubuntu and Evergreen

I have installed Evergreen 1.6.1.6 during the installation the install guide
stated the following

1.	Define your public and private OpenSRF domains. For security
purposes, OpenSRF uses Jabber domains to separate services into public and
private realms. Throughout these instructions, we will use the example
domains public.localhost for the public domain and private.localhost for the
private domain. On a single-server system, the easiest way to define public
and private domains is to define separate hostnames by adding entries to the
/etc/hosts file. Here are the entries to add as root to a stock /etc/hosts
file for our example domains:

2.  127.0.1.2  public.localhost       public

127.0.1.3  private.localhost      private

I followed the steps as it is and added the following credentials

1.       Hostname .......>localhost

2.       127.0.1.2   public.localhost  public

3.       127.0.1.3   private.localhost private

And added these credential corresponding every where required

Where as my case

Ubuntu server hostname is "evergreen"

Web URL: https://evergreen.umt.edu.pk

Two lancard one for local Ip and the other for public ip

The tests on the server resolves fine and my website browses well the staff
client attaches to my server correctly  by name and by IP but the client
does not connect via login I need help in following

1.       What credentials are to be given in my case according to my
requirement both on Ubuntu server and Evergreen

a.       hostname

b.      localhost

c.       private.localhost

d.      public.localhost

2.       What are the exact entries to be given in .etc/hosts

3.       How do we create uses for Evergreen staff clients

I have installed successfully but I have a confusion if somebody guides me
to correct my mistake I will appreciate it