[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Help required in configuration

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Fri Feb 4 06:40:00 EST 2011

Hi there,

If you followed the instructions in step 8 for OpenSRF installation ( http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:1.6:install ), you should not need additional credentials.

Are you able to login via srfsh?  (see http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:1.6.1:install#testing_connections_to_evergreen ).

Have you run autogen.sh? (see #3 under "Starting Evergreen": http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:1.6.1:install#starting_evergreen )

> 2. What are the exact entries to be given in .etc/hosts

Given what you've provided, it should probably look like this:

127.0.0.1	localhost
127.0.1.1	evergreen.umt.edu.pk	evergreen
127.0.1.2       public.localhost        public
127.0.1.3       private.localhost       private

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

> 3. How do we create uses for Evergreen staff clients

Initially, "admin" is the only user who can log in.  Once you have logged in as admin, you can create new users by going to Circulation -> Register Patron (or Shift-F1) and giving them a staff profile - all staff can log into the staff client.

Hope this helps!  You can also get real-time help in the #evergreen chat channel on freenode ( http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=evergreen ).

--
Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager