[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] RELEASE TEAM: three new versions cut

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Feb 10 12:43:23 EST 2011

Thanks Ben, Brian.

The 1.6.1.7 and 1.6.2.2 staff clients look okay to me, and to my copy
of Microsoft Security Essentials.  I'm fine with the icon update.

I've uploaded them to their usual place in /downloads and applied
Ben's patch for the downloads page.
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/changeset/1227

We probably want to start mirroring md5 checksums somewhere other than
the same site hosting the files, so I'll try to start a trend with
this email:

cdb1c3b6c883e12aaceae0fcc19d0fed  evergreen-setup-rel_1_6_1_7.exe
3621b773e01909eab47cb506b11afe07  evergreen-setup-rel_1_6_2_2.exe

So (folks, wider audience) if you download one of those files, run
md5sum (or an equivalent program) against them and get those same
checksums, then you'll know (or at least be relatively sure) you have
the same files I had when I looked at them.  But we really should get
the person doing the packaging to produce checksums as well.  That way
if some nasty virus tries to modify the files on my (or another
tester's) computer prior to upload, we can catch it with a final
md5sum check on the evergreen-ils.og server.

-- Jason Etheridge