[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Barcodes

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Feb 14 15:24:09 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Christoph Schilling
<ch.schilling at gmx.de> wrote:
> there is a spine label printing function in evergreen, that might also
> print barcodes. But because I don't use this, I am not sure - someone
> else would need to explain it better.

The label printing function can put a human-readable alphanumeric
barcode value on a label, but there's no function for drawing a
barcode as thick and thin lines, though you might be able to do
something with a barcode font and your print CSS (though I'd expect
difficulty if you want to have more than one font in a label).  That
said, there are open source code libraries for doing this that I
wouldn't expect to be difficult to work into Evergreen, if someone
wanted to put resources toward it.

--
Jason Etheridge