[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Permission Groups

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:50:07 EST 2011

I am having problems with managing permissions for permission groups on a
test server of 2.0.  I have set up the following:

   - Users
      - Patrons
         - Academics
         - Publics
      - Staff
         - Libraries
         - Networks

The goal is to prevent library staff from creating, deleting, editing
network staff accounts and academic patron records.  I have listed below my
setup.  However, when I give the permission
"group_application.user.patron.publics"
and remove the permission "group_application.user"  the user is unable to
register any patrons.  Those accounts with the everything permission can do
everything so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong with my permissions.

idnameparentusergroupperm_intervaldescriptionapplication_perm
6
Acquisitions
21
TRUE
2 yearsgroup_application.user.staff.acq
7
Acquisitions Administrator
21
TRUE
2 yearsgroup_application.user.staff.acq_admin
4
Catalogers
21
TRUE
2 years*NULL*group_application.user.staff.cat
16
Circulation Clerk
21
TRUE
1 yearDefault circulator in evergreengroup_application.user.staff.circ
5
Circulators
21
TRUE
2 yearsgroup_application.user.staff.circ
10
Local System Administrator
21
TRUE
2 yearsSystem maintenance, configuration, etc.
group_application.user.staff.admin.local_admin
11
Network
3
FALSE
1 yeargroup_application.user.staff.network
18
OLA Staff
21
TRUE
1 yeargroup_application.user.staff.admin.ola
21
Library
3
FALSE
2 yearsgroup_application.user.staff.library
20
Publics
2
FALSE
2 yearsgroup_application.user.patron.publics
17
Mini-net System Administrator
21
TRUE
1 yeargroup_application.user.staff.mininet
1
Users*NULL*
FALSE
2 yearsgroup_application.user
19
Academics
2
FALSE
1 yeargroup_application.user.patron.academics
2
Patrons
1
FALSE
2 yearsgroup_application.user.patron
3
Staff
1
FALSE
2 years*NULL*group_application.user.staff
12
Network Administrator
11
TRUE
1 yeargroup.application.user.staff.network
22
Network Support Staff
11
TRUE
1 yeargroup.application.user.staff.network
23
Technical Services Staff
11
TRUE