[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] electronic resources without items

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Tue Feb 15 12:29:38 EST 2011

We use the 856 9 subfield method:

Here is an example of the 856 field:
‡yClick here to read the ebook ‡9MOHAWK ‡uhttp://ezproxy.mohawkcollege.ca:2048/login?url=http://proquestcombo.safaribooksonline.com/?uiCode=mohawkc&xmlId=0738431389

And the catalogue record:
http://libcat.mohawkcollege.ca/opac/en-CA/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=41292&t=safari&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=698&rt=keyword

Notice:
‡9MOHAWK
This indicates that this resource should appear in searches at the location with the "MOHAWK" short name. This would be our entire system and make the item visible at all locations (org units). In a consortium or if you want to make an electronic resource visible at a specific organization match the 9 subfield to the desired org unit short name. I believe more than one 9 subfield is possible.

Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian
Mohawk College Library