[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Amazon added content

Bob Wicksall bwicksall at pls-net.org
Thu Feb 17 10:21:18 EST 2011

We have the same problem with 1.6.0.8.  I did some testing with Amazon web services and found that generally new items only return book jackets if you provide a 10 digit ISBN.

I built a Drupal module to fetch the NYT bestsellers and found the same thing.  I got 0 covers with a 13 digit ISBN but almost all were returned with a 10 digit ISBN.

    http://www.owwl.org/bestsellers/list/Hardcover+Fiction

We have since switched to Syndetics for this content in Evergreen.

Bob Wicksall
Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21