[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Weekly serials in 2.0

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 23 16:27:30 EST 2011

On 02/22/2011 10:05 AM, Marjolein Kremer wrote:
> Hi Lebbeous and David,
>
> Thanks for your help with predicting a pattern and issuance for a weekly. What worked for Lebbeous worked for us.
> We have one remark though concerning our 2nd try. You say the subfields $i and $j are reversed from what was defined in the pattern code. Since we only used the wizards, could this also be a bug?

Hi Marjolein,

No problem.

Given the pattern code
["2","0","8","1","a","vol","b","nr","u","52","v","r","i","(year)","j","(month)","k","(week)","w","w"]

I created an issuance and tried to get the holding code wizard to
generate the holding code with $i and $j reversed (as below), but I did
not succeed.

["4","1","8","1","a","10","b","52","i",52,"j",2010]

I wonder if the above holding code actually went along with your fourth
example pattern code rather than your first one?  At any rate, I will
keep an eye on the holding code wizard for any bugs of this nature.

I also hope to enhance the pattern code wizard eventually so that
creating functioning patterns for common cases such as weekly
periodicals is more intuitive.  In fact, this wizard already has a new
feature or two in trunk that didn't make it into 2.0.

Thanks for bearing with us, and thanks to David, too, for his help!

--
Lebbeous