[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Language problems in Evergreen

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Feb 25 16:58:55 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 05:15:14AM -0800, Armen wrote:
> Hi Dan
>
> just reporting that with Evergreen 1.6.0.6 no any problems with Armenian and
> Cyrillic support,a nd currently we are using this version.

Right, it would be interesting to know what version of OpenSRF you're
running Evergreen 1.6.0.6 on. OpenSRF 1.2.something I bet, as that is
where I did the bulk of the Unicode testing several years ago.

> Regarding EG2.0.1. Cataloging module is supporting Armenian and Cyrillic
> records in a normal way. Search and retrieval also works fine.

Okay, that's interesting and good to know.

> Our problem is with patron registration, and as I have mentioned Armenian
> and Cyrillic records are not saved, and so search is not resulting to any
> records.

Yes, I understood that.

> As we understood from your e-mail, still some problems with Open SRF 2.0
> regarding languages, so we should continue to use 1.6.0.6.

Well, OpenSRF 2.0 hasn't been released yet, but what I was saying in my
last message that when it is released (due to a bug fix that I committed
earlier), you should be able to install OpenSRF 2.0 and then install
Evergreen 2.0 on top of that and get some relief from your patron
issues.