[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds settings in Evergreen

Rayner, June raynerj at einetwork.net
Tue Jan 4 09:58:39 EST 2011

We understand that Evergreen holds is designed to minimize items in transit.    In our consortium, items are shared among all the participating libraries.   In our current non-Evergreen system, preference is given to holds that are  picked up at the owning library to reduce shipping.

We're trying to decide how we want to set up the Evergreen holds parameters for our consortium for the most efficient hold fulfillment process, balancing minimized transit and customer satisfaction.  We're interested in understanding how other libraries have used the holds settings like stalling and soft boundaries.

June Rayner
ILS Application Team
eiNetwork
raynerj at einetwork.net