[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Building on Amazon EC2; Hostname Issues

Christinger Tomer christomer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 06:22:36 EST 2011

I'm trying to get Evergreen 1.6.1.6 running under Ubuntu 10.04 on Amazon
EC2. After wrestling with ejabberd, I have Evergreen running, but when I try
to log in with the client, I get a hostname error, whether I'm using the
Elastic IP or the Public IP from AWS. (I've tried resetting the hostname on
the EC2 instance -- under EC2 the instances default to the internal IP
address -- but doesn't seem to work.) Also, I can't log in from the Web
interface to the catalog itself.

Will changing the settings for the server in opensrf.xml from localhost to
the Elastic IP solve this problem? Or is something more elaborate, like
setting the instance up as a DNS server, required? I'm stuck and would
appreciate advice, recommendations, etc.

Chris

--
Chris Tomer
christomer at gmail.com