[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Item receiving in serial control view 2.0 beta 5

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue Jan 11 09:38:12 EST 2011

Hello Marjolein,

When using the Serial Control interface to receive items, serial units (enhanced copies) are created automatically as needed.  These units are attached to a call number as specified at the distribution level.  So, you need to:

1) Create a call number in the usual way (in Holdings Maintenance).  This call number should be for the same org unit as the distribution.
2) Edit your distribution (in Serial Control) and specify this call number as the 'Receive Call Number'.

After doing this, units will be created as needed under this call number.

Dan

Daniel Wells, Library Programmer Analyst dbw2 at calvin.edu
Hekman Library at Calvin College
616.526.7133