[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPAC start page

Vicki Reeves vickir at beau.org
Mon Jan 24 17:35:01 EST 2011

We have gotten some bib and holdings records to load.  We celebrated by
playing in the OPAC.  But that gave us a new issue ...

Our 'top' organization is our regional library group.  Right now we
don't want to do anything with that but after we get our library up and
running we want to move our regional shared patron database into
Evergreen.  We house those records at our library now in a homegrown
Postgresql database - it's working so they can stay where they are until
our library is working correctly in Evergreen.

Below the top organization (Libraries Southwest) is our Library
(Beauregard) and below that are our branches.

Our problem is that we don't know how to 'point' the OPAC so that it
starts searching at our library (2nd level) instead of the regional
library (top level). The default url
http://evergreen.library.beau.org goes to this:
http://evergreen.library.beau.org/opac/en-US/skin/craftsman/xml/index.xml
which says 'now searching Libraries Southwest' which is the regional
level

If I pick 'Choose a library to search', I see this:

*Libraries Southwest
   *Beauregard Parish Library

If I pick Beauregard Parish Library, I see 'Now searching Beauregard
Parish Library' which is where I want our patrons to start, but the URL
is still this:
http://evergreen.library.beau.org/opac/en-US/skin/craftsman/xml/index.xml

So I don't know how to point our patrons automatically to the page that
says 'Now Searching Beauregard Parish Library'

Any assistance will be appreciated.  It's ok if you tell me I'm missing
something obvious!  We'll still thank you.