[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing MFHD Holdings

Demian Katz demian.katz at villanova.edu
Mon Jan 31 12:03:29 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a test instance of Evergreen.  I have successfully loaded some bibliographic records, and I am now attempting to load the associated holdings (standard MFHD records).  It seems like some of the Equinox migration tools are designed to help with this task:

http://git.esilibrary.com/?p=migration-tools.git;a=summary

Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck finding documentation or examples on how to proceed with these tools -- I gather that the extract_holdings tool is the one I'm after, but it requires an Equinox::Migration::SubfieldMapper map file, and I'm not sure how to build such a file.  Are examples available anywhere?  Is there documentation beyond the minimal perl-doc?  Is there another approach I should be considering?

Thanks in advance for your help -- any leads are greatly appreciated!

- Demian