[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Booking in 2.0.

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Sun Jul 3 18:34:10 EDT 2011

My understanding (someone can correct me if I am wrong):

A hold is a queue. When you get it depends on the people in front of
you, the supply, and the demand. Whether you get it the next day, in a
month, in a year, it is more when your turn comes up.

A booking is a blocked out time period. You *will* get it for July
18th through July 29th type deal.

I see bookings as being useful for more easily controlled things (say,
book club kits, computers, museum passes, possibly even meeting rooms)
where you don't normally have them on the shelf for anyone to pick up.
But that is me.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium