[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Booking in 2.0.

Cynthia Williamson crwbookgirl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 06:51:10 EDT 2011

Thomas, you've got it right.  You can book a resource for a specific,
pick-up time & date and time period.  When we worked with Equinox to develop
the booking module, we were thinking of a booking as a glorified or enhanced
hold.  At our library we buy all of the DVDs used by instructors in the
classroom - instructors plan specific classes to show them and need to be
sure they'll have them - hence the need for more than a regular hold.  In
some cases an extended loan period would probably do the trick but we have
many programs that share resources amongst several instructors so the
booking system works best for them.
The booking module would also be helpful for room and equipment booking - it
needs some tweaks to improve it for those uses but you could do it now.

Cheers, Cynthia
Mohawk College
Hamilton, ON

--
*“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
**I no longer despair for the future of the human race.”**H.G. Wells*