[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen and LDAP

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Jul 27 13:59:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 07/27/2011 12:27 PM, Dan Wells wrote:
> There may be other cases where "Patch Available" would make sense, but at
> least for this case, I think "Under Development" is our best bet (if such a
> category already exists).  The patch which is available is quite old, and is
> really more of a starting point than something which can simply be applied and
> run without some additional tinkering.

And mining the open-ils-dev archive more deeply, Dan's patch inspired
Mike Rylander to do some brainstorming in late 2009 about adding a
pluggable authentication system to Evergreen. [1]

If folks are interesting in working on it, I'd love to see that
discussion picked up again, as something like what Mike is proposing
would mean much more than just LDAP support in core (though that would
of course be a big win in and of itself).

[1]
http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2009-December/005481.html

Regards,

Galen