[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hold Policy Configuration

Turner, Jennifer M jennifer.turner at mnsu.edu
Fri Jun 3 14:16:11 EDT 2011

Hello all,

We have been trying to add complexity to our hold policy configuration for a couple of weeks now without luck.  What we would like to see is the following:

Most patron groups are limited to placing a maximum of 15 holds.  Staff are unable to place unlimited holds FOR patrons.
Some patron groups are exempt from the 15-hold policy (either unlimited or a higher limit).  Staff would still be able to place unlimited holds for these groups.

We had the 15-hold maximum working for the necessary patron groups in 1.6, though we are now on 2.0.6.  How do we add in the staff exceptions?  There is a "requestor" and a "user" - for the staff exceptions, which one should be set as "staff" and which one should be set as the patron group?  I have tried both and can't seem to create the rule and exception - I either get 100% unlimited holds (patron-placed and staff-placed) or get the 15 hold limit for both staff- and patron-placed holds.

Does anyone have similar hold policies working correctly?  How do you have them set?

Thanks!
Jenny

Jennifer Turner | PALS, A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities | 507-389-2000