[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Public Bookbags

Elizabeth B. Thomsen et at noblenet.org
Fri Jun 3 15:02:05 EDT 2011

We really like the ability for users to maintain public bookbags with
RSS feeds.  However, in our testing it seems that new books get added to
the bottom of the list, and the bottom of the feed.  Is there a way to
change this behavior so that new items are added to the top of the list,
so they'll be picked up by the feed and displayed in feed readers,
widgets, etc.?

We've also been looking at the different formats for public bookbags.
The default view, html-full, is awfully spartan and requires two clicks
to get from the list into the full catalog record.  We prefer the opac
format, but it doesn't display the name of the list.  Has anyone edited
this so the list name displays, or done anything else to improve the
format of public lists?

For anyone else just getting started with this, I found this page to be
really helpful:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-user:bookbags

Thanks!

--
Elizabeth Thomsen, Member Services Manager
NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange
E-mail: et at noblenet.org