[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleting items in Evergreen and updatingenteries in WorldCat

Aaron Zsembery azsembery at pls-net.org
Tue Jun 7 14:08:15 EDT 2011

Sorry about the double post, apparently I hit the "send" shortcut while pasting

We have a report that runs weekly which returns the following columns:
"Author (normalized)", "Title Proper (normalized)", "Record Creation Date/Time", "Last Edit Data/Time", "Last Editor", "Record ID",
"TCN Source", "TCN Value"
Our system deletes the Bib when the last volume has been deleted, so it looks for items which are deleted, were edited in the last week and were created at least 30 days ago.

Our workflow is that the library deletes their titles, then deletes their volume. When all volumes are deleted, EG deletes the bib. Cataloging gets the above deleted bib report, checks to see that there are not other similar bibs in the system, checks the records in OCLC and deletes the OCLC records.

Aaron Z
Jr. Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21