[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] EDI and Acquisitions Orders

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:36:08 EDT 2011

One of our member libraries has successfully tested the following with
Ingram

1.    Successfully download a file from Ingram with order information

2.    Successfully load from an Ingram file into a Selection List

3.    Successfully load from an Ingram file into a Selection List and create
a purchase order (with or without bibs & items loaded into the catalog),
which is “Activatable”.

We are currently on an Innovative system and in the Innovative process,
after you have downloaded the file from Ingram and pulled it into Innovative
you would load the PO to the vendor to pass the order number and actually
place the order.  Is there a similar function  for EDI orders in Evergreen
or when he downloaded the order information from Ingram has it been placed?

I'm not an acquisitions person so I'm a little fuzzy on the order process
sometimes and trying to mediate between how the software works and what our
libraries are trying to do.

--
Tim Spindler
Manger of Library Applications
tjspindler at gmail.com

*P**   Go Green - **Save a tree! Please don't print this e-mail unless it's
really necessary.*