[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Deleting items in Evergreen and updating entries in WorldCat

George Tuttle gtuttle at prlib.org
Wed Jun 8 08:41:23 EDT 2011

A key problem is we are part of consortium and share our Evergreen database
with 51 other library systems. Each of these library systems in our
consortium, PINES, has to maintain their own WorldCat entries.

How is this problem tackled in Indiana?

For our library system, I created an Evergreen report that lists all
Piedmont holdings with a Discard/Weed item attached to them. The report
output looks like this: http://www.prlib.org/Blog/LastCopyReport.png. The
report effectively presents the holdings that will need updating in
WorldCat, but because of the TCNs with PIN# and other non-OCLC TCNs, our
Cataloger has to manually sort through the list.

I am curious if a library with a more pristine database has been able to
automate the process. I can see how it would be possible.

George

Computer Services Librarian