No subject

Tue Jun 7 22:28:46 EDT 2011

over another.  Presume equal skill in all of these Distros.  Are there
other distros that work easier, more dependably? Have you gotten EG to work
on Puppy Linux, Slackware, Gentoo, Absolute Linux, BSD, AIX, Solaris...

I am considering Debian for reasons of the long life of major versions.
Ubuntu LTS versions start to feel their age toward the middle of their
lifespan, if 10.04 is any indicator.  I never ran EG on Ubuntu 8.4, so I
don't have firsthand knowledge of your experience with that.

--0016e6dd855ee5749804b2df42c6

I know the standard wisdom is "Whichever OP your organization has stan=
dardized on is the best OS for installing Evergreen-ILS" however I am =
in a position to test and try stuff with minimal red tape (barring structur=
al alteration).<br>
EL.=C2=A0 From your experience what are the hurdles or the differences in u=
sing one over another.=C2=A0 Presume equal skill in all of these Distros.=
=C2=A0 Are there other distros that work easier, more dependably? Have you =
gotten EG to work on Puppy Linux, Slackware, Gentoo, Absolute Linux, BSD, A=
IX, Solaris...<br>
=C2=A0 Ubuntu LTS versions start to feel their age toward the middle of the=
ir lifespan, if 10.04 is any indicator.=C2=A0 I never ran EG on Ubuntu 8.4,=
 so I don&#39;t have firsthand knowledge of your experience with that.<br>
com">http://sourcefreedom.com</a><br>Advancing Libraries Together - <a href=

--0016e6dd855ee5749804b2df42c6--