[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding Libraries checklist

Steve Wills steve.wills at lyrasis.org
Mon Jun 13 16:16:30 EDT 2011

 The documentation has a "tip" that says "It is a good idea to set up all of your organizational types and units before loading other data. In many cases, editing or deleting organizational units and types may be difficult once you have loaded records or users. "

For an evergreen installation that is running and has a base of libraries in it one really doesn't have a choice about adding new systems to it, however.

Here is what I have come up with for a checklist.

1. Add library system and branch info to organizational units
2. Enter library hours and address information
3. create users for the new libraries staff and set their permissions
4. setup the working location(s) for the staff positions.
5. Add system/branch specific billing types.
6. Add system or branch specific circulation modifiers.
7. Add library specific report templates.
8. If skinning by system or branch, add design elements.
9. go into library settings editor and customize for library, if applicable.
10. migrate the data from your old system ...  easy, huh?!

Am I missing anything?
Stev3