[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Receipts Running Long

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Jun 21 10:48:36 EDT 2011

Search "receipts" in the archives of this list.  Search option is here:
http://open-ils.org/listserv.php

This topic recurs every one or two months.  Here's one particularly useful
post on the topic:

From: SHARP, CHRIS <[LINK: mailto:csharp at georgialibraries.org]
>  csharp at georgialibraries.org>
>  Date: Wed, May 11, 2011 at 7:20 AM
>  Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Receipt printers
>  To: Evergreen Discussion Group <[LINK:
>  mailto:open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org]
>  open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
>

>  From one of our knowledge base solutions in the GPLS Helpdesk:
>
>  Problem Description: "We recently installed new workstations at our Circ
>  desk and the receipt printers are spitting out 12” long receipts, no
>  matter how many books are checked out."
>
>  Proposed Solution:
>
>  Some of these steps may be unnecessary, but it gets the job done. [Within
>  Evergreen:]
>
>  1) Go to the Admin menu and click on “Local System Adminstration”
>
>  2) Click on “Printer Settings Editor”
>
>  3) Click on “Page Settings”
>
>  4) Change all margins to “0.0”
>
>  5) Click on “Use default print stategy (Mozilla Print).”
>
>  6) Click on “Set Default Printer and Print Test Page.”
>
>  7) Select the Epson Receipt printer and click “Properties.”
>
>  8) Be sure that the paper type/size is set as “Roll” or “Continuous
>  feed.”
>
>  9) Click OK and OK again. A test receipt should print w/o 2 feet of blank
>  space.
>
>  10) You can adjust the margins a little if there isn’t enough blank
>  space at the end.
>
>  The source of this was an email exchange on OPSMGR-L in February 2010.
>   The solution was suggested by Benjamin Dudley, the Systems Administrator
>  at East Central Georgia Regional Library ("dudleyb " <[LINK:
>  mailto:dudleyb at ecgrl.org] dudleyb at ecgrl.org>)
>
>  Receipt printers affected:
>
>  Epson TM-T88IV
>  Star models
>
>  Hope that's helpful to someone with this issue,
>
>  Chris

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

 <Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling