[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Action/Triggers

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Wed Jun 22 08:47:55 EDT 2011

HI Tim,

Based on recent and very limited experience using action triggers in 2.0, I think the missing ingredient is that you need to tell the action trigger runner which hooks to process in one of 2 ways:

1) Use the filter to tell which hooks to process. Defaults to: /openils/conf/action_trigger_filters.json
Note: ensure you copied over the action_trigger_filters.json.example to action_trigger_filters.json in the /openils/conf directory or point to a different hook filter with the additional command line argument: --custom-filters=<filter_file>

2) Another option is to specify the hook(s) you want to process using the command line argument: --hooks.
example (from perl action_trigger_runner.pl --help): perl action_trigger_runner.pl --osrf-config /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml --hooks checkout.due

Find the hook(s) to refer to in the staff client action triggers admin pages.

Documentation on action triggers will need to be updated on this topic.

The other missing piece in the documentation is the granularity flag: --granularity=<label> with option for Hourly,Daily etc...
This is critical when setting up your cron jobs.

Hopefully this helps. The best source of info for running action_trigger_runner.pl  is using the --help argument with the command. It will give the complete list of optional arguments for the command.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian