[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Solve the problem "FIXME, MARC Editor, my_init: SyntaxError: missing = in XML attribute"

Francisco Javier Guel M. xaviers_jordan at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:48:16 EDT 2011

Hello everybody.

Today I came across a problem when I tried to show the data from a resource in the OPAC catalogue,
because the labels title, isbn and subjects, were not showed, in addition when I tried to edit the resource from staff client, the error
"FIXME, MARC Editor, my_init: SyntaxError: missing = in XML attribute" appeared, then I tested some activities until finally I could fix this problem,
these are steps I followed:

1.  Update the perl modules
# as root user:
apt-get install gcc libxml-libxml-perl libxml-libxslt-perl
# update the perl modules:
perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install Business::ISBN
cpan> install JSON::XS
cpan> install Library::CallNumber::LC
cpan> install MARC::Record
cpan> install MARC::File::XML
cpan> install UUID::Tiny
#
ldconfig

2. generate files
# as opensrf user run the command
cd /openils/bin
./autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u

3. restart apache
# as root user
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

4. test conexions
# as opensrf user:
/openils/bin/srfsh
srfsh% login user password

Those steps work for me, I hope this could be useful.

The evergreen version where i tested is 2.0.2 and OpenSRF 2.0

Thanks

Att.
ISC. Francisco Javier Guel Mendoza
Software Developer
Instituto Potosino de Investigación Cientifica y Tecnologica A.C.
francisco.guel at ipicyt.edu.mx