[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 008 field and leader

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sat Jun 25 16:39:08 EDT 2011

We could add an ON CREATE trigger on biblio.record_entry to set the
first six characters of 008 (if it exists in the record - I'm not sure
we want to get into the business of creating 008 fields from scratch)
by invoking to_char(create_date, 'YYMMDD') to get the properly
formatted version of the date.

This is probably something we should have in place out of the box;
it's a relatively small piece of work for an additional standards
compliance checkmark. Mieke, would you mind adding a wishlist item on
this point to http://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen ?

Dan