No subject

Tue Jun 7 22:28:46 EDT 2011

number to each item individually. We use the 092 field and I have our
call number there. There is a drop down box for the default call number
(082 field) and the number I put in (092 field).  I think we had the 092
field recognized so I could do this. In the past, what field did you put
the call number in?

Susan Montgomery Craven
Davidson County Public Library

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org
Joseph Haig
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 11:47 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Adding information to MARC records

When I import a record into my library it is possible to edit the MARC
and I would like to add a local classification to each book as it is
entered. Is there a rule that I need to follow for deciding what lines I
should use and is there a way to configure Evergreen to display this
extra information?

I'm afraid I am a software engineer and not a librarian so some things
that are simple to most people on this list are confusing to me.

Regards,

Joe

If you are not the intended recipient, you must destroy this message and
inform the sender immediately. This electronic mail message and any
attachments, as well as any electronic mail message(s) sent in response
to it may be considered public record and as such subject to request and
review by anyone at any time. It also may contain information which is
confidential within the meaning of applicable federal and state laws.

Davidson County Government, PO Box 1067, Lexington, NC, USA,
www.co.davidson.nc.us