No subject

Tue Jun 7 22:28:46 EDT 2011

> 1.The translated labels for each locale are stored in SQL files named
> "950.data.seed-values-xx-YY.sql" where "xx-YY" represents the locale code
> for the translation. Load the translated labels into the Evergreen database
> using the command psql, substituting your user, host and database connection
> information accordingly:
> -f /path/to/Evergreen-source/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/950.data.seed-values-fr-
CA.sql

Initially I tried

psql -U egadmin -h ohseven -d evergreen -f /home/jh/Evergreen-ILS-2.1.0a/Open-
ILS/src/sql/Pg/950.data.seed-values-en-GB.sql

I typed the password very carefully but got "Authentication failed for user
egadmin" - although I have been using that user name, and the same password
that I tried here at least twice, to log into the staff client without any
problems.

I then tried the following:

postgres at OhSeven:~$ psql -U evergreen -h localhost -d evergreen -
f /home/jh/Evergreen-ILS-2.1.0a/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/950.data.seed-values-en-
GB.sql

This allowed me in but gave pages of errors like the following

psql:/home/jh/Evergreen-ILS-2.1.0a/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/950.data.seed-values-en-
GB.sql:1084: ERROR:  insert or update on table "i18n_core" violates foreign
key constraint "i18n_core_translation_fkey"
DETAIL:  Key (translation)=(en-GB) is not present in table "i18n_locale".

I appreciate that the instructions are not intended for beginners, but can
anyone help me resolve this one? Am I logged on as the wrong user (postgres)?

Thanks.

John H.