[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPAC: Craftsman skin

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Mar 8 20:26:11 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 04:19:41PM -0800, Tara Robertson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if the craftsman skin is being maintained. I recall Equinox
> contracted another company to make it (for GPLS?) but I don't see it used on
> production at GPLS (though I'm not sure if each library has a custom skin).

I would advise against using Craftsman. 7 months ago I put out a call for
maintainers (http://markmail.org/message/eqgivvsk255efvuc) and thus far
nobody has stepped up or provided patches to bring it up to speed in 2.0
or trunk. It seems like as good a time as any to to propose that for 2.1
Craftsman be removed from the core repository into the ILS-Contrib
repository.

On the bright side, the new OPAC that Bill Erickson has been working on
offers a much saner direction for future customized skins.