[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] OPAC: Craftsman skin

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Tue Mar 8 21:14:00 EST 2011

Tara,

We avoided craftsman (even when it was popular and despite pressure at my institution) for 2 reasons.

1. It is more difficult to customize.
2. Every core Evergreen developer seemed to cringe whenever it was mentioned.

When the software developers and software engineers cringe, run the other way is my motto!

The proposed delegation to the contrib repo for future versions should be the final convincing factor for anyone.

The new development Bill Erickson and ESI are working on is the way to go for the future.

By the way, thanks and kudos to Bill and ESI for developing it and sharing it with the community.

This is fantastic stuff!

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS