[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Language problems in Evergreen

Tigran Zargaryan tigran at flib.sci.am
Thu Mar 10 02:36:00 EST 2011

Hi Dan,
reporting about the current situation with patron registration and
search using non-Latin scripts..
After installing OpenSrf 2.0 and EG 2.0 we are able to register and save
patrons in Armenian.
But when searching the patrons by name or last name (e.g. using Armenian
script) the system is replying 'No patrons found matching search criteria'.
Same search by  patron bar code is giving a positive result.
So now we can save the patrons, but retrieval by non-Latin script is
resulting to null.
Tigran

--
Dr. Tigran Zargaryan