[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Question about Evergreen and Social Media

Raffaella Marziani raffy73 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:38:19 EDT 2011

Hi Lori,
Thanks for replying. I am preparing a business case aiming to design (and
possibly implement) a Digital Library within my organization.
The requirements come down to the following:
1) aggregrating a number of individual e-journals (which the organisation
currently subscribe to based on IP-recognition - employes) into a database
stored on the repository.
2) Possibility of searching into external on-line databases (currently four)
3) Using Federate Search to search into the e-journal collection and into
the four on-line external databases
4) adding RSS, a wikipage (for knowledge sharing), peer-review/discussion
forum (or blogs), Podcasts, movies, interviews
 5) possibility of adding organisation's internal documents (power point
slides, reports, statistics, word files). The idea is to convert these files
into a PDF/A format and into xml to ensure minimun modification of text
(unless the author/originator agrees with the usage from others) and
interoperability.
6) minum costs for the installation of a software able to support the above
requirements (that is why I thought of using an open source database)
7) minimum maintenance

I would like to know if Evergreen would be able to support these
requirements and if anyone has already implemented the above for own use. If
so, could you share your experience/findings with me?

Thanks
Regards,
Raffaella