[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen Hashtag

Kate Sheehan ksheehan at biblio.org
Wed Mar 16 13:29:27 EDT 2011

Thanks for bringing this to the list, Lori!

On twitter, I've found that #evergreen by itself isn't distinct enough, and
#evgils has worked well (and is patterned off of #kohails).

I'd be open to #evergreenoss or #evergreenils, but they are very long in the
140 character world. #openils works, but is it too broad (without the
context of the history of Evergreen's name, this could easily apply to any
open source ILS, which is fine, but is that what we're going for in our
common-law marriage hashtag)? I'm assuming for this year's conference we'll
use #evg11, which brings up another argument for extreme brevity.
Conferences are often when folks want to add more than one hashtag to an
update. I'm thinking of sessions at ALA like Top Tech Trends, which usually
has its own hashtag, along with the conference hashtag and sometimes, just
for fun, a LITA hashtag. It can leave very little room to actually say
anything about the session!

I'd vote for #evgils or #openils (or if you have room, both).